To our valued Priestley and Sons Moving Customers,Pursuant to ORS 433.441(3) ORS 401.168(1) and ORS 401.188(1)to(3) (Governors mandates) We are still operating. We want to thank you for your patience during this very challenging situation and provide you with an update on our response to the COVID-19 health emergency. Priestley and Sons Moving is closely monitoring the status of the outbreak and its potential adverse impact on the moving industry. Several industries are essential to day to day operations and the moving industry continues to operate during this “Stay home, Save Lives” mandate because we are part of the essential category and will continue to operate legally.
As the number of cases continues to escalate globally, Priestley and Sons Moving is taking additional preventive measures to make sure our trucks are cleaned and sanitized. The health and safety of our employees remains a top priority and we are complying with all local, state and government requirements for social distancing. Our employees are doing the following:
- Our movers are washing their hands for at least 20 seconds. (We advise that you have hand soap and paper towels available for the movers to wash at your home)
- Our movers are maintaining a 6 foot radius with each other and our customers.
- If any of our movers are remotely feeling sick they will not be coming to work.
During this time of year when illnesses such as flu or colds and now Covid -19 are common, taking precautions to stay healthy is important for all of us. Please take these measures to protect yourself and our crews as well. If you are sick please notify our office as soon as possible to reschedule your move. We cannot take any unnecessary risks with our customers or crew. If our crew shows up and you are sick they will be asked to return to our office. Since there is no current vaccine, some of the best ways to prevent exposure to the coronavirus and other illnesses include but are not limited to:
- Washing your hands often with soap and warm or hot water for at least 20 seconds; use hand sanitizer when hand washing is not an option.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid any contact with people who are sick if possible.
- Do not shake hands or “elbow bump”
- Remember 6 ft distance from anyone who does not live in your home.,
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cough or sneeze into a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces with products proven to kill other strains of coronaviruses and illnesses.
Above all, we want you to know we value you and are here to help you. This is a rapidly evolving situation, and like you, we are monitoring it daily. So with that being said we plan to make each move happen as scheduled, as long as it is prudent for us to do so.
We are grateful that we can continue to help our customers. Thank you for entrusting Priestley and Sons moving staff to help you with your relocation. We are looking forward to working with you. Please feel free to contact our office with any questions or concerns. Stay positive and healthy and we will get through this together. Thank you from all of us at Priestley and Sons Moving & Storage, Inc.